Voting & Elections
The City Clerk’s Office is available to answer any questions about absentee voting, polling locations, voter registration and service as an election judge. The City Clerk administers city, state and federal elections.
- Tuesday, November 7: General Election
2023 General Election
- Available by mail: Friday, September 22 to Monday, November 6
- Available in-person at City Hall: Friday, September 22, through Friday, November 3, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 4, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, November 6, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Election Day Hours
- Tuesday, November 7
- Polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You can vote early by using an absentee ballot, instead of voting in person at the polling place on Election Day.
Candidate filing for the November 7, 2023 election is August 1 to August 15.
A candidate for public office who receives contributions or makes disbursements of more than $750 in a calendar year must submit campaign financial reports to the city clerk.
Judges ensure that the voting process goes smoothly and honestly. Serving as an election judge is a great way to meet your neighbors and protect one of our most cherished freedoms - the right to vote.
Results from the last six City elections (odd years) are listed here.
Learn how to register to vote.
The City of Hopkins is divided into 6 precincts. You must vote at the polling place for your precinct on election day.